July 14, 2016
5 Ways to Utilize a Business Equipment Loan
Whether you own a restaurant in need of a new oven or a transportation business that requires more vehicles, pursuing an equipment loan is a worthwhile decision. In this post, find out why applying for working capital in order to purchase or lease equipment can benefit your business.
5 Reasons to Pursue an Equipment Loan
1. Invest in Equipment Amidst the COVID-19 PandemicAs your business navigates the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that now is a good time to invest in new equipment. Prices on equipment may be discounted, or you may be able to purchase used equipment at reduced rates. By pursuing equipment financing options, you can focus on growing your business and increasing sales during these challenging times.
2. Fix equipmentMost likely, you probably already own necessary business equipment. However, these tools can break, often when you least expect it. Applying for an equipment loan can help you get necessary items fixed so that your business’s operations aren’t at risk. Having broken equipment can slow down or even halt business sales, which would be devastating to your business amidst current COVID-19 conditions. Therefore, getting a business loan as soon as possible can ensure that you get back on track.
3. Pursue equipment leasingMany business owners don’t realize that they don’t have to purchase every piece of equipment they need! Business equipment leasing is a viable option for businesses who don’t want to spend money on purchasing an item. Instead, opt for a flat monthly fee, and pursue equipment leasing instead. It's important to note that some equipment leasing contracts allow you to update your equipment after a certain amount of time. This means you may not have to worry about repairs and other inconveniences.
4. Increase incomePurchasing more equipment will allow you to serve even more customers! Even if you already have functional equipment, you could increase revenue by purchasing additional equipment. For instance, if you own a restaurant, purchasing another oven or fridge could help you prepare more food, which would enable you to serve more customers at one time. As the restaurant industry continues to adapt to COVID-19 conditions, this would allow you to fulfill more takeout orders, ultimately increasing revenue!
5. Replace outdated machineryMost likely, your business could benefit from having newer, higher quality equipment. Of course, you won't want to break the bank in the process. However, by pursuing an equipment loan you can boost business with a newer model. For example, if you run a transportation business, purchasing a newer vehicle may help you transport more customers at one time. In addition, it could better represent your business's branding, therefore helping you attract more customers. In comparison, continuing to use outdated equipment could result in decreased results, poor branding, or operational setbacks. As a small business owner, it's imperative that you frequently review your equipment to ensure it By having an equipment loan, you’ll have the funds needed to splurge on new equipment.
ConclusionThe equipment your small business uses greatly affects your operations, no matter what industry you’re in. It is important to periodically evaluate the state of your equipment, so that you can determine if anything needs to be fixed or replaced. Ultimately, by applying for a small business equipment loan or lease, you can continue growing your business.
Editor’s Note: This post was updated for accuracy and comprehensiveness in September 2020.