How to get new clients for your salon
1. Post pictures – Show off your salon services by sharing pictures of haircuts, manicures and other beauty treatments that you offer. If you’re looking to try simple but effective salon promotion ideas, turn to social media. You can share these images on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram in order to gain new customers. Add geotags to the images, so that users know the name and location of your salon, and incorporate appropriate hashtags. This is a great way to have potential customers find your salon organically! Plus, they’ll see that existing customers are satisfied with your services.
2. Try targeted ads – Paid advertising can be beneficial when it comes to recruiting new customers. On Facebook, you can target your advertisements based on location, interests and other factors. This way, your ad will be seen by individuals who are more likely to be interested in your services. Of course, make sure to include a clear call to action, that will encourage these leads to book an appointment at your salon!
3. Reward customers – Reward consistent customers for referring people they know to your salon. For every customer they recommend that books an appointment, they’ll get a free haircut or other treatment. This will inspire your current customers to spread the word, and you’ll see a boost in business!
4. Welcome walk-ins – You never know when someone is going to need a last-minute hair cut or manicure. Advertise both online and in your storefront that you accept walk-ins when possible. Of course, in order to accept walk-ins, you’ll need to ensure that you have additional staff members available for these last-minute appointments. This spur of the moment decision could lead to a lifelong customer!
5. Offer flawless customer service – In order to attract new clients, treat your current customers well! Make sure you are well-staffed, accommodating and provide services that are well-worth customer’s money. Once you start bringing in new customers, make sure that your business can handle this extra business, and keep customer service consistent.
6. Provide services for special events – Recruit new customers by marketing that you have stylists who can provide services for proms, weddings and other special events. People often look for flexible salon employees who can do hair-dos and manicures at specific locations. Advertise that you have these services, and you could gain a consistent customer!
7. Get featured – A smart way to reach potential customers is to be included on listing and review sites. Promote your salon services on these sites, so that potential clients can find you online. Of course, when it comes to reviews, make sure to inform your existing customers that you are on these sites. While it isn’t a best practice to ask for reviews, if you make it known that you’re featured on review and listing sites, happy customers might take the time to write a glowing recommendation.
Now that you know how to get new clients for your salon business, it’s time to get to work! Although it may require extra effort and funds to execute these salon promotion ideas, you’ll thank yourself once you have a growing roster of consistent clients.