7 ways to celebrate National Small Business Week
Are you a small business owner? If so, this week is about you! From May 1st to 7th, small businesses will get the spotlight in honor of National Small Business Week. This year’s theme is “Dream Big, Start Small,” which is something that Fora Financial truly believes in. After providing more than 9,500 small business owners to date with personalized working capital solutions, we know small businesses and are passionate about helping them succeed. Celebrate National Small Business Week by checking out these seven tips that will help you elevate your small business.
1. Make it a game – Have some fun by posting small business themed trivia questions on your business’s social media profiles throughout the week. If you really want to go the extra mile, make it a contest, and reward the recipient with a free product or service from your business.
2. Collaborate with local business owners – It’s important to bond with the other business owners in your community. Chances are, by collaborating, you’ll all be able to benefit! Consider holding an event together, where attendees can access all of the participating business’s products or services. For instance, if you own a restaurant, invite a local ice cream parlor to serve their dessert menu at your establishment, or host a block party with other neighboring businesses. These events will be a great way to meet new customers, and foster lasting relationships with other local business owners.
3. Educate future entrepreneurs – Whether it is for a business related class or club, it is always great to educate young people about the importance of small businesses. Consider contacting a local college and holding an information session about small businesses. This will give you an opportunity to give back to your community and mentor students. Plus, depending on your business, you could find some potential customers!
4. Mark it all down – Treat your customers to sales in honor of National Small Business Week. You’ll be able to share your passion for your small business, while also rewarding your loyal customers. Plus, if you advertise that these sales are because of Small Business Week, you’ll be able to encourage your customers to learn more about topics relating to small businesses.
5. Check out the SBA’s National Small Business Week events – The Small Business Association is traveling across the country to hold various events for Small Business Week, so if you’re nearby, go and check them out! If you can’t make it, they’ll be sharing live streams of the events on their website. Plus, you can use the hashtag #DreamSmallBiz on Twitter and discuss the events with other viewers.
6. Get personal – It may be a national event, but you can make Small Business Week all about you! If you have a blog for your small business, reflect on how you started your business and how it has grown. If Instagram is your forte, share a fun throwback Thursday picture of your business’s early days. Your customers will connect with your personal story, and it is a great marketing opportunity!
7. Take time to evaluate your business – With the focus on small businesses across the country, take this time to assess your business’s strengths, and what areas could use improvement. Whether you want to apply for small business funding in order to make necessary purchases, or need to refine your budget, ensuring that your small business is prepared for the future will be a productive use of time.
With these tips, you can use National Small Business Week as an opportunity to advertise your business, connect with customers and educate yourself on small business trends.