Make your small business picture perfect
Did you know May is National Photography Month? Utilizing eye-catching photography in your small business’s marketing collateral is pivotal. It can grab the attention of your customers, and convince them to check out your business. Upgrade your business’s creative efforts by trying some of these photography marketing ideas.
1. Use high quality images – Stray away from photography faux pas. Blurry, pixelated or poorly colored images won’t resonate with your audience. Ensure that the images you feature on your online and in-store marketing collateral are professional-looking and add value to your business.
2. Hire a photographer – If you haven’t mastered photography, consider setting aside funds to hire a professional photographer. Have them take pictures of inventory, your business’s location or images for more creative projects. In most cases, you won’t need to use a photographer consistently, so it may be worth your money to hire one to take photos of whatever you’re going to need for your marketing projects.
3. Invest in a stock image service – You may not need a professional to accomplish your photography marketing ideas; there are many free stock services to choose from! If you think you’ll use a stock image service fairly often, your business could benefit from a more expansive paid subscription. You’ll have a wide variety of images at your disposal that you can use for social media posts, direct mail collateral and other projects.
4. Get your marketing team involved – When it comes to photography, make it a team effort and ask your employees for their input. If you have employees that specialize in marketing, have them take photography classes, sign up for webinars and encourage them to take charge of how your business will utilize images.
5. Invest in high quality equipment – If your business is going to consistently need updated images, and you’re able to take photographs yourself, purchasing durable, premium equipment may be worthwhile. For instance, if you have a restaurant or retail store, you’ll be able to photograph your products or menu whenever necessary. Having the cameras, editing software and other additional tools will make this easier!
6. Make sure you’re utilizing your photography – There are many ways to incorporate photography into your marketing strategy. Include it in email newsletters, social media posts, in-store flyers, post cards or on your website. Also, if you have a small business blog, you’ll consistently need images to accompany your posts. Don’t let captivating images go to waste – there are so many photography marketing ideas that your business can try!
With these corporate photography ideas, you’ll be able to elevate your small business’s marketing presence. Don’t underestimate the power of a strong photograph incorporated into your business’s promotional efforts; it could make or break your brand’s image. In honor of National Photography Month, try out some of these ideas and watch your business’s marketing become a success.