How to use technology to improve customer service
When it comes to technology, it can help streamline a variety of tasks for your small business. One of these components is customer service. Running a successful small business requires strong customer service, because without loyal customers, many businesses could not last. Even if your business is on a budget, there are many ways to take advantage of customer service technology. Check out these technology-based small business customer service tips, and watch your business flourish:
1. Implement customer service features on your website: Featuring a customer service email address or telephone line is great, but there are other ways that you can connect with customers. Make it easy for customers to communicate with your staff by installing a chat box that pops up on your business’s home page. Of course, you’ll need a customer relations manager available to assist customers through this channel. If you’re able to do this, it can be a very efficient way of completing customer requests. Another small business customer service idea that is fairly easy to implement is adding FAQ section to your site. Provide answers to the questions you get asked often, and this will save both you and your customers time in the long run.
2. Use social media to interact with customers: The convenience of social media makes it easy for patrons to contact your business about customer service matters. Due to this, it’s important that you make sure someone is checking your profile’s notifications at least once a day. If a customer contacts you regarding an issue or request, you’ll want to respond to them in a timely manner.
3. Create an app: If you’re able to afford it, creating a mobile app for your small business can be a great way to utilize customer service technology. This can allow customers to contact you through your app, order products, schedule services and check on the status of their orders. Making an app can take a lot of work and additional up-keep, but if your business is serious about trying out customer service technology initiatives, it may be a worthwhile effort!
4. Utilize customer service software – Customer relationship management can be made more efficient by implementing the use of customer service software. Unsure of where to start? Look into services such as CustomerWise, Desk.com and Zendesk. Programs like these will allow you to easily manage your customer service tickets, so that no requests go un-answered.
5. Analyze data gathered with customer service technology – In addition to using technology to benefit how you assist customers, it can be helpful to analyze the data you find. This information can reflect customer’s interests, and common issues that your business needs to revise. As previously mentioned, customer service software can help with this. Many of these services have predictive analytics components that can help you improve aspects of your business for the future.
Small business customer service can be made easier with the addition of technology. Customer service is especially imperative for small businesses; they must form strong relationships in order to succeed. Do you have customer service technology tips to share? Let us know in the comment section below!