An optimized website is one of the most important pieces of growing your branding and marketing strategy. Competition, both global and local, demand that businesses take things a step further to remain competitive. Starting a blogging journey is one of the most effective ways for small business owners to improve their website’s traffic. In addition, great blogs assist with improving rankings and increasing the quality of the prospective leads that are generated. Over 80 percent of businesses have harnessed the power of blogging in their marketing strategies. These businesses note that blogging is essential to their growth plan. Could your business be next?
What is Blogging?“Blog” is a shortened version of “weblog.” A blog represents an online information hub providing articles and information in reverse chronology (latest posts first). In addition, blogs are platforms where writers or groups share their views on relevant subject matter. Blogging started as an excellent opportunity for individuals to share their knowledge on topics to the web. Quickly, businesses adopted the blogging style to work on cementing their position as thought leaders in their industries. Blogs are one of the most effective lead generation tools in existence. The content generated and published on a blog provides useful information on topics that people are actively searching for.
The Importance Of Blogging For Small BusinessesSmall business blogging is typically geared towards two primary purposes:
- Establishing your small business as a thought leader in your industry
- Ranking higher in the search engines for relevant search terms
Why Should You Blog?Blogging lets you utilize knowledge and expertise in your niche to develop engaging, informative content. It serves to grow trust in your audience of potential customers. In addition, successful blogging works to cultivate trust and credibility in your business. For newer small businesses, this is especially important, as your brand is likely relatively unknown. The good news is that blogging ensures both authority and presence. There are four main reasons for small business owners to start a blog:
- Lead generation
- Driving website traffic
- Establishing yourself as a thought leader.
Lead GenerationOften, businesses design their blogs to drive leads and convert them into customers. However, many small business blogs lack things necessary to develop a lead-gen machine. Here are a few quick tips for cultivating substantial lead generation opportunities with your small business’ blog:
- Write valuable content that people will want to read. It's understandable to put a focus on writing for SEO, but if your content is stale, you won’t convert.
- Ensure your developed posts are relevant to the audience you are pursuing.
- Never forget compelling call to action within your content. However, remember that the line is thin between persuasion and spam.
- Provide even more enhanced resources, but gate them. This is a popular marketing tool. You could do this by asking blog visitors to complete a form in order to get a free coupon or eBook delivered to them via email. By doing this, you could earn more sales and build your email list.
- To experience higher conversion rates, promote your articles where your audience is. This could be on social media, forums, similar blogs, or even through email marketing.
- Ensure an optimal system for contact collection and following up. We highly recommend HubSpot as an all-in-one sales tool and lead generation platform.