30 Business Articles Every Entrepreneur Should Read
To develop the habit of reading, you should try to read every day. When choosing your reading material, try to pick content that will help you grow as a business owner. To kick start your reading habit, check out these 30 business articles.
The Top Business Articles:
1. 57 Questions to Ask When Buying a Business, FitSmallBusiness
Entrepreneurs need to start somewhere, and the best way to start might be by purchasing an existing business. This article uncovers the 57 best questions to ask before you buy a small business.
2. Mark Cuban Says These are The Dumbest Things Entrepreneurs Do, Entrepreneur
3. The Ultimate Guide to Small Business Trends: 2020 & Beyond, The Fora Financial Blog
To increase sales, serve customers better, and operate more efficiently, you need to know what’s coming next. Read about the immediate and distant future of small business in this ultimate guide.
4. What Makes a Leader? Harvard Business Review
Business owners are many things, but first, they’re leaders. In this article, Harvard Business Review discusses what a leader looks like, and how you can improve your leadership skills.
5. Why You Hate Work, New York Times
Just 13 percent of workers worldwide report feeling fulfilled at work, so it’s no wonder so many people hate their jobs. As a business owner, you need to cultivate an environment that gives employees what they need to be fulfilled — this article provides a roadmap.
6. 50 Signs You Might Be an Entrepreneur, Entrepreneur.com
Struggling to find where you fit in? Not a fan of rules or regulations? You might be an entrepreneur. Check out the 50 signs that reveal your entrepreneurial tendencies.
7. How to Become a Millionaire by 30, Entrepreneur.com
Entrepreneurship isn’t just about making money. Still, you’d be fooling yourself if you didn’t think it was part of the reason so many people work for themselves. In this article, Grant Cardone reveals his ten steps on his path to becoming a millionaire.
8. Why Google Doesn’t Care About College Degrees, VentureBeat.com
Look no further than Google for validation that you don’t need a college degree to start a business. This article reviews five reasons executives at Google don’t care about college degrees in their hiring process.
9. 7 Rejections, Medium.com
Airbnb’s CEO Brian Chesky received five rejection letters from potential investors and was ignored by the other two he wrote to. This article reviews the seven rejections Chesky received as he sought funding for his company that changed the travel industry.
10. My Advice to First-Time Entrepreneurs, Medium.com
In his Medium.com article, Gary Vaynerchuk highlights his top three pieces of advice for first-time entrepreneurs.
11. The Best Startup Advice You’ll Ever Receive, ProductHunt.com
This article packs a punch, delivering the best startup advice from some of the country’s best founders.
12. How to Write A Business Proposal in Six Steps, FitSmallBusiness.com
First-time entrepreneurs have a lot of challenges to overcome and writing a business proposal is one of them. Take the guesswork out with this six-step process.
13. 12 Small Business Startup Costs You Should Expect, The Fora Financial Blog
Not every expense you face will be predictable. Control what you can by preparing for the 12 startup costs you should expect as a startup owner.
14. The Pros and Cons of SBA Loans, The Fora Financial Blog
The Small Business Association (SBA) is designed to help small business owners. Find out what SBA loans are all about in 2019, and if it’s the right financial option for your company.
15. 3 Ways Customer Surveys Can Improve Your Business, Hatchbuck.com
You’ve heard the cliche, “the customer is always right.” This Hatchbuck article offers three ways to put that advice to use and improve your business through customer surveys.
16. The Best Payment Processing Software for SMBs, Hatchbuck.com
Everything seems to be moving online these days, and so should your payment processing system. Read this article to ensure your business is utilizing the best payment software.
17. Best Instagram Apps for Marketers, Buffer.com
To market your product or service effectively, you need to go where the people are. This article discusses the best apps to use to target Instagram’s many users.
18. The Most Essential (and Surprising) Social Media Statistics and Facts of 2019, Buffer.com
Being up to speed on social media trends and user habits is vital for modern businesses. This article reviews the data you need to know as you head into the end of 2019.
19. How to Do Keyword Research For Content That Generates Leads, Duct Tape Marketing
Keywords are powerful tools that help capture valuable, organic traffic for your company website. Knowing how to search for the right keyword is critical and this article tells you how.
20. Why Should Anyone Be Led by You? Harvard Business Review
Before starting a company, this article argues that you need to ask yourself, “why should anyone be led by me?” Answering this question gives you insight into who you are as a leader and future owner.
21. How Things Change, Techcrunch.com
After losing his job, Brian Acton went looking for work. When he failed to find anything, he started WhatsApp which was eventually bought by Facebook for $19 billion. This is his story.
22. The Psychological Price of Entrepreneurship, Forbes.com
Although there’s potential for riches and complete freedom, there’s also a price you pay as an entrepreneur. This article explores the psychological downsides of entrepreneurship.
23. How to Hire The Right Person, NYTimes.com
Hiring the right people is crucial to a business’s success. As the title implies, this piece explains how to recruit people that will help your business flourish.
24. Make Sure You Consider These Common Expenses When Preparing Your Startup, SmallBizClub.com
As a business owner, you shouldn’t be surprised by the status of your finances. Check out this article for tips on which expenses to look out for when preparing your startup.
25. Which Business Entity is Right for You? SmallBizClub.com
Before officially forming your startup with the proper tax and state organizations, you must figure out which entity is best for you. This article discusses how to find the entity that’ll work best for you.
26. Should Startups Hire Based on Passion or Experience? Alltopstartups.com
When starting your hiring process, you must consider many things, including the importance of passion vs. experience. This article explains why one might be better than the other.
27. Six Principles for Making New Things, PaulGraham.com
Paul Graham writes about six core principles for making (and selling) new things. Use his six principles from this article as you start a new venture.
28. What to Do if Your Business Loan Application Was Declined, The Fora Financial Blog
Cashflow is the lifeblood of your business, so when your loan application gets denied, it can be overwhelming. In this post, we review the steps you should take to get approved in the future.
29. The Most Creative People in Business 2018, Fast Company
We all need a little creative inspiration occasionally, especially if you’re a business owner. Here’s a list of business’s most creative people in 2018 to get you going.
30. Build Your Creative Confidence: Customer Journey Map, Ideo.com
According to this article, everyone’s creative. You just need to know how to unleash your own creativity — ideally in service of your customers — which the exercise in this article will help you do.
Today, more than ever, the world of business is always changing. Ironically, reading is one of your most effective tools to keep up with these changing times. Pick a few of these articles and treat your business brain to new information. You may be surprised by the new ideas you come up with as a result!
Editorial Note: Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.