Marketing Tip of the Month: Writing Email Newsletters
Email marketing is one of the most important marketing tactics to master. If done correctly, it can be a great way to connect with existing clientele, re-engage former customers, while also recruiting new ones. With that being said, it is important to know the do’s and don’ts of email marketing, so that you don’t alienate customers by abusing this communication form. Check out these five email marketing tips, and learn how to write must-read newsletters!
1. Write useful content – Provide information that will be well-received by your audience. Updates on sales, changes in business hours or services and material related to your industry will all be helpful to your customers. Email newsletters offer a valuable platform for you to share your business’s most important updates, so use it wisely!
2. Keep content concise – If your newsletters are more like novels, you’re going to bore your readers! One of the most important email newsletter tips to know is that your writing should be crisp and to the point. It may seem like the more content you have, the better your newsletter will be, but most readers will get bored if your writing exceeds more than a few short paragraphs. In order to avoid rambling, have someone else proofread the email before it is sent out!
3. Pay attention to headlines – Your subject lines and headlines can make a huge difference when it comes to open and response rates! Eye-catching, clever headlines will be more successful than long, drawn out sentences. If you’re in need of some inspiration, take a look at your inbox. See which headlines prompt you to open emails, and mimic that style when writing headlines for your business’s emails.
4. Don’t spam your readers – Find a consistent schedule, without over-marketing to your customers. Try not to send more than one email a week. This way, your recipients will receive one email with necessary information, and their inboxes won’t be flooded with repetitive emails from your business. Basically, don’t send emails just to send them! Those emails will end up in your recipient’s deleted folder, and will be a waste of time and resources.
5. Create a call to action – Last but certainly not least, make sure to include a call to action at the end of your emails! By doing this, you’ll be able to measure how effective your emails are, and can provide an easy way for your users to take next steps. Your call of action could be prompting readers to complete an application, make a purchase, fill out a survey, or a variety of other options, depending on your business and what you’re trying to accomplish.
With these email marketing strategies, you’ll be able to create content that resonates with your customers. Writing email newsletters regularly will allow you to provide customers with relevant information that will inspire them to start or continue using your business’s services. Start incorporating these email marketing tips into your efforts, and watch your customer base grow!
Editorial Note: Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.