Marketing Tip of the Month: Create Dynamic Videos for Your Website
In addition to being active on social media, writing blog posts and advertising on other mediums, it can be beneficial to create videos for your business’s website. With these video marketing tips, you’ll be able to easily produce videos that will engage viewers and hopefully convert them into potential customers! Let’s get started, so that you can master online video marketing.
1. Create a video marketing strategy – Before you get to work, consider how a video could benefit your business. Do you want to market your products to potential leads, or create a tutorial for current customers? What about showing off your brand or company culture? There are many ways to utilize video content, but before you make one, you should determine what will be best for your small business. By creating a video marketing strategy you’ll be able to decide the type of content you’ll cover, the results you’re aiming for and the audience you’re targeting.
2. Determine the tools you’ll need – Next, you’ll need to decide how you’ll shoot your video. Do you have a high quality video camera? If not, consider renting one, or even using an up-to-date iPhone. In addition, you may need to acquire external lighting, microphones and video editing software. All of these components are pivotal when producing a video for your small business, so try not to cut any corners!
3. Delegate tasks – In order to craft a successful video for your small business, you’ll need people on your team to contribute. Recruit people to film, conduct interviews, write the script and edit the video. In addition, you may want to recruit employees from your small business to be interviewed or record a voice over for the video. By assigning tasks to your employees, you’ll be able to work together to produce an awesome final product!
4. Keep it concise – Most likely, potential customers won’t want to watch a documentary about your company. That’s why videos should be short and to the point. Limit your video to being a few minutes, and share only the most relevant information. You can always share the video in a blog post, and include any additional material in the text.
5. Give the viewer next steps – Don’t let your video be the last thing that viewers interact with on your website! Make sure that you give them links to peruse, or include a call-to-action where they can purchase your products, set up an appointment or fill out an application (to name a few examples). Always provide viewers with another way to learn more about business once they are finished watching your video.
6. Distribute your finished product – Show off your hard work by sharing your video on social media, post it on sites like YouTube and Vimeo and feature it on your website. This way, you’ll be able to reach as many viewers as possible!
Once you’ve mastered these video marketing tips you’ll be able to create engaging video content that resonates with your audience. In addition to generating leads, this may even help your business rank better for SEO, and increase your brand’s credibility. What’s not to love? Let us know in the comment section below how you plan to tackle online video marketing!
Editorial Note: Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.