Six Quotes from Inspiring Women Entrepreneurs
If you’re a woman business owner, we encourage you to read suggestions from women business experts. In this post, we’ve compiled a list of six quotes from flourishing women entrepreneurs – many of whom you’ve likely heard of!
1. “It is within everyone’s grasp to be a CEO.” – Martha Stewart, founder of Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia
What you can learn: If you have big dreams of becoming a female entrepreneur, but worry that you can’t attain your goals, this quote proves that anyone can become a business owner. If you believe in yourself, and your business idea, anything is possible.
2. “I don’t believe in failure. It’s not failure if you enjoyed the process.” – Oprah Winfrey, founder of Harpo, Inc.
What you can learn: Did you know that Oprah was fired from a co-anchor job early-on in her career? Even despite this setback, she went on to be one of the most successful talk-show hosts to date, in addition to being an entrepreneur, actress, and philanthropist.
If you’ve failed to start a business, or perhaps you own a business but it’s not as lucrative as you expected, don’t give up. Keep working hard; success could be around the corner!
3. “I wake up every morning and think to myself, ‘How far can I push the company forward in the next 24 hours?” – Leah Busque, CEO and founder of TaskRabbit
What you can learn: Leah Busque makes it clear that as a business owner, you cannot be complacent. Every day, you should consider how you can improve your operations. Whether this be by brainstorming marketing ideas, ordering inventory, revising your budget, or training employees, ensure that you always have a goal or task that you’re ready to focus on.
4. “I never dreamed about success. I worked for it.” – Estee Lauder, Founder of Estee Lauder Cosmetics
What you can learn: If you want to turn your dreams into a reality, you must put in the hard work. As Estee so eloquently stated, to become an entrepreneur, you should be prepared to be dedicated to your business. There might be times that you have to sacrifice, but if this is what you want, it will be worth it.
5. “Whatever it is that you think you want to do, and whatever it is that you think stands between you and that, stop making excuses. You can do anything.” – Katia Beauchamp, co-founder and CEO, Birchbox
What you can learn: If you doubt your business idea or your abilities as a leader, you won’t reach your full potential. Like Katia says, making excuses will be a detriment to you and your business. Instead, face your fears, and set achievable goals. Before you know it, these challenges will be a thing of the past.
6. “Surround yourself with a trusted and loyal team. It makes all the difference.” – Alison Pincus, co-founder, One Kings Lane
What you can learn: Pincus and many other entrepreneurs have made it clear that without a dedicated team of bright professionals, they wouldn’t be able to grow their business. When starting a business, you should recruit individuals who are going to add value. But remember, to keep these individuals on your team, you’ll need to show your appreciation. Without investing in your team, they’ll look for work elsewhere!
We hope that after reading these quotes from inspirational women in business, you’re ready to take on the challenges that lie ahead. Running a business isn’t easy, but when you learn from business pioneers, you can avoid certain pitfalls, and make smart decisions that will help you pursue growth!
Want to check out more inspirational business quotes? Check out this post.
Editorial Note: Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.