Encourage your community to support local business
During the holiday season, it can be especially stressful for small business owners, who are trying to compete against big brands. This is why you should show appreciation for your community; you have them to thank for your success!
1. Volunteer – Give back to the less fortunate members of your community. It is a great feeling to know that you are helping individuals in need, and it can provide a bonding opportunity for you and your employees. Take a shift at a local soup kitchen, or participate in a charity-sponsoring 5k. Regardless of the cause, it is important to help make your community a better place to live.
2. Start networking –Connect with other members of the small business community by brushing up on your business networking tips. Whether it is networking with other professionals in your industry, or forging partnerships with other local business owners, these efforts will help you expand your business’s reach.
3. Thank your current customers – People love to feel valued! Before the holidays, send a thank-you email to your clientele. Tell that that you are grateful to them Offering consultative support so that customers feel like they have a relationship with your business and will be more likely to be return customers.
4. Launch a loyalty program – Devise a loyalty program that rewards customers for their referrals. This is one of the easiest ways to grow your customer base! Your existing clientele will be motivated to tell your friends about their business if they know they will be given a free item or discount, and you’ll see a boost in sales.
5. Support neighboring businesses – Spread the love by frequenting other establishments in your small business community. If you support local business, it is likely that your fellow business owners will reciprocate. If you really want to be collaborative, consider co-hosting an employee appreciation event, where both businesses can profit.
Take time to reflect during the holiday season on how you can show appreciation for your customers, while inspiring other members of your community to support local business.
Showing gratitude is the best way to grow your customer base; these loyal patrons will likely continue to using your services, and might even spread the word to their friends!