13 Motivational Business Quotes to Live By
Reflecting on the words of experienced entrepreneurs can allow you to learn from their accomplishments and mistakes. That’s why we’ve compiled this list of small business quotes!
Check out these 13 quotes that can help you gain small business inspiration.
1. “Small business isn’t for the faint of heart. It’s for the brave, the patient and the persistent. It’s for the overcomer.”– Unknown
What you can learn: Being a business owner is not an easy venture. There may be times that you are faced with challenges, but if you’re serious about your business, you’ll find solutions!
2. “What do you need to start a business? Three simple things: know your product better than anyone, know your customer, and have a burning desire to succeed.” – Dave Thomas, Wendy’s founder
What you can learn: This is one of the motivational business quotes that truly encompasses what is required to run a business. Be enthusiastic about whatever you’re selling, and you’ll connect with your customer base.
3. “You shouldn’t focus on why you can’t do something, which is what most people do. You should focus on why perhaps you can, and be one of the exceptions.” – Steve Case, AOL co-founder
What you can learn: Don’t focus on your doubts! If you believe in yourself and your business, others will follow suit.
4. “If you just work on stuff that you like and you’re passionate about, you don’t have to have a master plan with how things will play out.”– Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook co-founder
What you can learn: You might enjoy customer service or marketing, but dread dealing with financial matters. Unfortunately, you still should focus on the business aspects that you don’t necessarily enjoy doing. The future of your business depends on it!
5. “I’m a big fan of small business ownership. I think it’s the backbone of American innovation. But to be successful, you first have to have the courage to go for it.”– Bill Rancic, entrepreneur
What you can learn: You probably already know that opening a business is a risk. Still, it can also be one of the greatest careers, and be very rewarding.
6. “If you’re passionate about something and you work hard, then I think you will be successful.” – Pierre Omidyar, Ebay founder
What you can learn: Running a business requires diligence! If you’re dedicated, you’ll have more of a chance of achievement.
7. “Timing, perseverance, and ten years of trying will eventually make you look like an overnight success.” – Biz Stone, Twitter co-founder
What you can learn: It might take time for you to refine your business’s products or services. Don’t give up, though!
8. “Growth is never by mere chance; it is the result of forces working together.”– James Cash Penney, JCPenney founder
What you can learn: Between marketing, financial management, hiring the right employees and determining other factors, there are many things that determine a business’s future.
9. “One of the marks of successful people is they are action oriented. One of the marks of average people is they are talk oriented.”– Brian Tracy, motivational speaker
10. “When you find an idea that you just can’t stop thinking about, that’s probably a good one to pursue.” – Josh James, Omniture CEO and co-founder
What you can learn: Being passionate about your business idea is key. If you believe in your business, it likely means that customers will too.
11. “You don’t need to have a 100-person company to develop that idea.” – Larry Page, Google co-founder
What you can learn: A small team can accomplish more than you might think! Hire the right employees, and watch your business grow.
12. “It doesn’t matter how many times you fail. You only have to be right once and then everyone can tell you that you are an overnight success” – Mark Cuban, entrepreneur and investor
What you can learn: You should anticipate the possibility of a business failure. Many well-known, prosperous business owners have experienced failures prior to their businesses taking off.
13.“Winners are not afraid of losing. But losers are. Failure is part of the process of success. People who avoid failure also avoid success.” – Robert Kiyosaki, entrepreneur and author
What you can learn: This quote serves major small business inspiration! Starting a small business is a huge leap of faith. But if you’re unafraid of failure, you’ll be more likely to start a long-lasting establishment.
Now that you’ve read these motivational business quotes, we hope that you’re more inspired in your role as a business owner. Do you have other favorite small business quotes that we didn’t mention? Share them in the comment section below.
Editorial Note: Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.