How to market your service business like a pro
Running a service business requires strategic marketing in order to be successful. Your service business likely has competition, so it is important to make sure that you stand out from other businesses offering the same services. Marketing a service business may seem like a challenge, but there are many ways to advertise your service, regardless of the specific industry it is in. In this post, we’ll offer tips on marketing a photography business, cleaning business, salon and other popular service businesses. With these tips, you’ll have new customers lined up before you know it!
1. Show off your previous work – When it comes to marketing a service business, credibility is key. Potential customers will want to see examples of your track record. Post examples on social media and your website, and encourage existing customers to do the same. This can be especially beneficial for salons; showing off previous haircuts, manicures or other treatments they’ve successfully performed.
Another industry that should consistently share their work online is photographers. Posting photographs they’ve taken on social media and a well-designed website can make all the difference!
2. Get a business card makeover – Lackluster business cards won’t be helpful when it comes to marketing a service business. You’ll want your business’s cards to be eye-catching and professional, so that they stand out against competitors marketing collateral. Pick a theme that encompasses your brand and won’t blend in amongst other cards. If necessary, consult the help of a creditable graphic designer. It is necessary to have business cards to hand out to potential customers – so make them memorable!
3. Reward loyalty – Keep your customers coming back by offering them incentives! A loyalty card can ensure that they’ll stick to your business, instead of trying out another company. This can be great for marketing a cleaning service; every time a customer utilizes your service, they’ll get a stamp on their loyalty card. When they’ve used your service a certain number of times, they’ll get one session for free!
4. Make social media a priority – An easy and low-cost way to tackle marketing a service business is to be active on social media. Start a Facebook page for your business, tweet about special offers and other updated information and Instagram images of happy customers. By making this a part of your routine, you’ll be consistently marketing your service business, and hopefully bringing in new customers.
5. Enlist the help of consistent customers – Interacting with your customers will prove crucial to growing your service business. By maintaining relationships with your existing customers, you can not only gain their trust and solidify their business, you can enlist them to help you find additional customers. Ask customers to share their experiences with your company on social media, your website’s testimonial section and by spreading the word amongst their family and friends. You’ll be surprised to find how many of your new customers will be referrals!
Regardless of the specific service you offer, consider trying these marketing tactics so that you can show off your brand, gain new customers and overall grow your small business. Don’t forget to have fun while marketing your business – this is a part of your business that you can really get creative with! Let us know in the comment section below how you market your service business.