12 Quotes for Business Owners That Feel Like Giving Up
In this post, we’ve compiled 12 small business quotes that’ll motivate you to persevere during challenging times.
Read These 12 Inspirational Quotes for Business Owners:
1. “Don’t worry about being successful but work toward being significant and the success will naturally follow.” – Oprah Winfrey, TV host and entrepreneur
What you can learn: You might be frustrated if your business doesn’t become an overnight success. Instead, focus on making significant contributions to your field and community; success will follow!
2. “Continuous learning is the minimum requirement for success in any field.” – Denis Waitley, motivational speaker
What you can learn: To grow your business, you should continually learn about advancements and trends in your field. For example, you can enroll in continuing education classes, read books and blogs, or join the local chamber of commerce.
3. “Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently. A business absolutely devoted to service will have only one worry about profits. They will be embarrassingly large.” – Henry Ford, founder of Ford Motor Co.
What you can learn: Many small business owners experience failure, but if you can learn from your mistakes, you’ll have the ability to make better decisions in the future. Failure is simply a redirection and can show you what you shouldn’t be doing.
4.“I’m convinced that about half of what separates the successful entrepreneurs from the non-successful ones is pure perseverance.” – Steve Jobs, former co-founder, chairman, and CEO of Apple
What you can learn: Even the former CEO of one of the largest companies in the world (Apple) needed to persevere so his company could succeed! Instead of giving up, remember why you started your business!
5. “Keep on going, and the chances are that you will stumble on something, perhaps when you are least expecting it. I never heard of anyone ever stumbling on something sitting down.” – Charles F Kettering, inventor of electric self-starter
What you can learn: Sometimes the best thing you can do is to keep innovating. If you don’t continue trying, you’ll never discover the next best idea.
6. “My biggest motivation? Just to keep challenging myself. I see life almost like one long University education that I never had — every day I’m learning something new.” – Richard Branson, founder Virgin Group
What you can learn: Branson’s quote proves that as an entrepreneur, you should be a student of life. Research marketing trends, take a business leadership course, or find an experienced mentor who can give you advice. The more that you invest in yourself, the better your business will be.
7. “I knew that if I failed I wouldn’t regret that, but I knew the one thing I might regret is not trying.” – Jeff Bezos, founder and CEO Amazon
What you can learn: Many entrepreneurs fear failure, and that’s okay. However, giving up should never be an option!
8. “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” – Thomas Edison, inventor of the light bulb
What you can learn: It took Thomas Edison 1,000 tries to invent the light bulb, which became one of the most important inventions in history. So, as a business owner, don’t be discouraged when your ideas aren’t immediately lucrative. It may just take some time to perfect them.
9. “Your reputation is more important than your paycheck, and your integrity is worth more than your career.” – Ryan Freitas, co-founder About.me
What you can learn: During a difficult time, you shouldn’t compromise on your morals. This will keep opportunities open and ensure that your reputation remains respectable.
10. “Don’t limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, remember, you can achieve.” – Mary Kay Ash, Founder Mary Kay Cosmetics
What you can learn: Don’t limit your imagination! Mary Kay Ash’s quote proves that dreaming about your business’s potential and making it happen is possible.
11. “You shouldn’t focus on why you can’t do something, which is what most people do. You should focus on why perhaps you can, and be one of the exceptions.” – Steve Case, co-founder AOL
What you can learn: Case recommends that when your business is struggling, focus on what you can do and what you’re good at. Concentrating on your failures won’t lead to success.
12. “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.” – Bill Gates
What you can learn: It can be disappointing to hear that your customers aren’t satisfied with your products or services. However, it can also provide you with an opportunity to learn from your mistakes. Your customers will respect you for this.
Conclusion: Learn from These Motivational Quotes
Now that you’ve read these inspirational quotes, we hope you are motivated to get back in the game. It may take many iterations to get it right, so don’t quit when times get tough. The most worthwhile business ventures require hard work!
Do you have other inspirational quotes that have gotten you through hard times? Share them in the comments section below.
Editorial Note: Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.