How to Use Google+ For Your Business
In this post, we’ll explain why Google+ can be beneficial to your growing business.
1. Organize Circles: One of the major advantages that this social platform provides is that it can help you connect with specific groups. Using the Circles feature, you can create segmented groups for potential partners, existing customers, and industry leaders. This will allow you to share content that is applicable to these groups, and leverage potential opportunities.
In addition to creating circles, you should aim to be active on Google+, so that other people will add you to their circles. Not only will this help you network with new people, but being added to circles can boost search rankings.
2. Post in Relevant Communities: Another way that your business can utilize Google+ is to join communities. As a business owner, you can join communities where potential customers will be, or communities in which you can learn from fellow business owners. For instance, if you own a wholesale business that targets retailers, you can join retail business communities. By doing this, you can post about your business in these communities, and hopefully generate sales. If you’re interested in learning about upcoming trends, you might consider joining business marketing, technology, or management communities.
3. Interact with Other Users: Although you likely want to use Google+ to advertise your business, it is important to use the platform correctly. Google+ is meant to foster community amongst users. So, if you want to receive comments, likes, and shares on your content, be sure to interact with other users’ content!
4. Earn Positive Reviews: On your Google+ profile, users can visit your Business’s review page. If you are active on Google+, you’ll be able to attract more users to this page, and can hopefully gain positive reviews. A feature that helps make this possible is Small Thanks with Google. You can design an aesthetically pleasing image that features previous customer reviews. Then, share this image on your social media platforms, including Google+. If they click on this image, they will be prompted to visit your page and write a review. Use Google+ to encourage customer feedback, and you’ll be surprised at how your business’s online presence progresses!
5. Improve Search Rankings: You likely know the importance of SEO and how it can benefit your small business. But did you know that you can use Google+ to improve your rankings? For instance, you can:
- Add a link to your business’s website in your Google+ page’s About section. Not only will this prompt users to visit your website, but having this link featured on Google+ can increase rankings.
- Use relevant keywords in your Google+ page’s title. For instance, if you own a restaurant, you might add keywords that detail what your establishment offers. These keywords should reflect search queries that potential customers might be looking for.
In the Introduction, which is featured in the About tab, write a paragraph detailing what your business offers and where it is located. Again, ensure that you’re incorporating keywords that relate to your business.
These are just a few simple ways to optimize your Google+ profile to be SEO-friendly. By becoming active on this platform, you can find other ways to improve your business’s SEO.
How have you utilized Google+ for small business success? Let us know in the comment section below.
Editor’s Note: This post was updated for accuracy and comprehensiveness in December 2017.
Editorial Note: Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.