October 18, 2021
The Top 10 Business Blogs for Women Entrepreneurs
One way to stay up to date on the latest trends is to read small business blogs tailored towards women entrepreneurs. These blogs are a great resource for women in business looking for encouragement, advice, or a sense of community. In this blog post, we've compiled a list of 10 notable blogs tailored towards women in business. By consistently reading these blogs, you'll be able to stay up to date on the latest small business trends and advice!
10 Blogs for Women Business Owners
1. She Owns ItThe can-do attitude of this business blog will inspire you to grow as a woman entrepreneur. Their manifesto is “celebrating, supporting, and connecting women entrepreneurs.” Topics featured on this blog range from advice for reaching goals to how-to guides from successful business leaders. She Owns It isn’t just for established female business owners, either. They also appeal to aspiring women who haven’t taken the leap into business ownership yet.
2. Women EntrepreneursIf you’re already a fan of Entrepreneur.com, you've probably come across their section devoted to female bosses. In this vertical, they offer everything from “how to” features to exclusive video interviews with business leaders like Bobbi Brown.
3. Leaders in HeelsLeaders in Heels was founded by Kasia Gospos to "nurture, inspire and empower female leaders and entrepreneurs.” This blog features interviews with successful women entrepreneurs in all industries around the world. You'll also find career lessons such as increasing confidence and breaking free of mediocre practices. There’s even an After Hours lifestyle section devoted to covering topics such as personal finance, parenting, and relationships.
4. Women 2.0Women 2.0 was created to "not just push conversation forward but take and encourage direct action around equity and equality." On the Women 2.0 blog, you'll find a range of topics, including:
- Workplace trends
5. Work at Home WomanDeveloped by mom and businesswoman Holly Reisem Hanna, this blog empowers women to lead successful careers without leaving the house. This content is particularly useful now that many workplaces have adapted to remote operations since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic. Whether you're launching a home-based business or a remote side hustle, this blog is filled with actionable advice. This includes posts about how to sell things online and businesses that you can start from home for less than $60.
6. Classy Career GirlOn the Classy Career Girl website, you'll find advice on everything from business card etiquette to being productive during your commute. For time-strapped businesswomen, this is the one-stop shop of women entrepreneur blogs. Plus, if you're looking for educational resources, they also offer online boot camps on topics like time management and networking.
7. Female Entrepreneur AssociationThe Female Entrepreneur Association is a great resource for small business owners looking to start or grow their ventures! One of their recurring sections, the How She Did It series, documents the success stories of hundreds of successful business owners. We suggest checking out this series to learn from women in business who have overcome profound challenges. If you'd like to become an active member of the Female Entrepreneur Association, you can apply to be a member. Enrollment to their online community, known as the Member’s Club, is currently closed. However, you can add your name to the waitlist for future admission.
8. Women Who StartupThis platform seeks to bring “collaboration and rapid-learning to female entrepreneurs and innovators who are committed to building successful companies.” In addition to their blog, they also offer virtual networking events each month, in addition to exclusive perks for their members.
9. [email protected]If there is any publication nearly synonymous with business in America, it is Forbes magazine, and the company's online counterpart, Forbes.com. The [email protected] section is intended to showcase female business leaders “who are starting up, starting over, and sharing their success.” Be sure to check out their Self-Made Women section, which explores the routines of successful women in business.
10. Women on BusinessThe Women on Business Blog covers a wide range of topics, including:
- Business News and Insights
- Career Development
- Customer Service
- Social Media
Conclusion: Expand Your Knowledge with Business Blogs for Women!Blogs written for and by women in business are a great way to learn from fellow female entrepreneurs. It will also provide insights into the unique perspective of starting a business as a woman entrepreneur. Do you have any other business blog recommendations for fellow women business owners? If so, share your suggestions with us in the comment section below so that we can check them out too!
Editor’s Note: This post was updated for accuracy and comprehensiveness in October 2021.