Although it may seem simple, your business’s niche and current industry trends can affect your ability to accrue new customers. That’s why having an effective wholesale marketing strategy is so crucial to your business’s success. Often, the term “marketing” can seem less effective when compared to fast sales tactics. However, investing in a wholesale marketing strategy will help you to attract customers in the long-term. This will lead to more consistent sales overtime. When you start a wholesale marketing plan, you should focus on several smaller tactics that, together, create a continual, profitable flow. By creating a succinct strategy, you can get desired results without pushing potential patrons away. With that in mind, here are a few wholesale marketing ideas you should consider.
5 Tips for Creating a Wholesale Marketing Strategy:
1. Get Active on Social MediaThere are many ways to use social media platforms to reach your ideal customer base. These include both sponsored and organic efforts. For instance, you can consistently post content to your social media pages, such as Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn. These organic posts can include information, such as:
- Limited time offers
- Information about your wholesale product
- Open job positions
- Relevant industry articles
- Customer service information
2. Create a Company WebsiteLike joining social media groups, you can start a website to give patrons information about your wholesale products. When you create a company website, you should ensure that the design, content, and navigation reflects your brand. If you or your employees aren’t experienced with web-design, consider using your marketing budget to hire a designer. Below, you’ll find a few suggestions of pages and features that you should include on your company website:
- Product Pages: On these pages, you should include your wholesale prices, photos, and reviews of the wholesale items that you sell. In addition, you might want to give website visitors to place orders through your site, from these product pages.
- Contact Information: Make it easy for visitors to contact your company. On this page, you can include company phone numbers, email addresses, and links to your social media profiles.
- Company “About Us” Page: Most customers want to feel a personal connection to the businesses they work with. On your website, you can use your “About Us” page to provide the origin story of your company. In addition, you can share your company values and how you strive to serve your customers.
- Email Subscription CTA: You can place a subscription CTA on your site to gather email addresses from website visitors. By doing this, you can send them email newsletters and special offers that you don’t share anywhere else.
3. Advertise LocallyMarketing to your customers should be as personal as possible. When using the Internet, the best way to create that personalized feel is through email marketing. Advertising in your local, geographic area is a great way to attract your target audience. For example, you can try strategies such as:
- Cold calling or cold emailing
- Attending industry trade shows
- List your business in an industry directory
- Place ads in local newspapers or business to business (B2B) magazines