Building Your Team Through LinkedIn
Using LinkedIn as a tool in your on boarding experience can be instrumental. Linkedin offers several different functionalities to help your business find its next team member.
LinkedIn has begun to play a major role in business’ recruiting strategies over the past couple of years. Millions of potential employees have established a presence on the site by designing a personalized profile. The differentiator between LinkedIn and any other social site is that the profiles featured are designed to show an individual’s skill sets in the work place. In other words the profile can act as an electronic resume which can easily be updated and added to.
The differentiator between LinkedIn and any other social site is that the profiles featured are designed to show an individual’s skill sets in the work place.
Another powerful tool for this social powerhouse is the capability to endorse the skills of others. For example; maybe you had a previous coworker that excelled in power point. Now you have the chance to let them and a potential employer looking at their profile know of their skill.
The power of LinkedIn has aided job seekers in the process of recruitment and job searches. Here are some helpful tips in order to hire the most fitting candidate for your company:
- Pay attention to connections through your immediate contacts. Use the connections you currently have to help form introductions to potential candidates
- Use advanced search capabilities to identify candidates with the specific credentials that you are looking for. If an email address is provided on their profile, send a message directly to the person
- Companies can pay for premium LinkedIn plans which will allow recruiters to directly message candidates they may not have a 1st degree connection with. If you do not receive a response back you are then credited back for that email
- As a small company, you can create an advantage by being personal, transparent and flexible on your company page to attract job seekers
- To best ensure a good fit, small-business owners must gauge each candidate’s personal or professional intentions
LinkedIn has become a wonderful place to build and further develop long term relationships in the workplace. If you choose to integrate these steps into your hiring routine, you will be another step closer to finding that top employee you and your businesses have been searching for.