Valentine’s Day ideas for your restaurant
Take advantage of the most romantic holiday of the year at your restaurant! Advertising special Valentine’s Day offerings to your valued customers will entice them to spend the holiday at your establishment. Whether it is offering coupons or using themed decorations, there are many ways to make this holiday special for your patrons.
Valentine’s Day is one of the busiest days of the year in the restaurant industry. With most couples opting for a romantic meal out, there are many ways that you can get creative with your Valentine’s Day marketing and promotional strategies. Small businesses might have a disadvantage compared to big-budget chains, that can pay for major campaigns, but that doesn’t mean that your restaurant can’t find other ways to stand out. Check out our Valentine’s Day ideas for restaurants and you’ll have all of the love birds flocking to your establishment!
1. Make booking easy – Many people hate the inconvenience of having to call and make a reservation. Being put on hold is agitating, and many patrons prefer to book their reservation through an online reservation service that will have the available times listed. Booking services like OpenTable, SeatMe and Table8 make it easy to choose a reservation time, without having to go through another person. This simple addition to your restaurant will make Valentine’s Day a less hectic time for both your staff and customers.
2. Offer coupons – A Valentine’s Day restaurant promotion that your customers will get excited about are special deals. Valentine’s Day can get expensive, and between dinner, gifts and flowers, the costs can add up quickly. Giving patrons a free appetizer or dessert if they make reservations by a certain date is a great way to ensure you’ll have a full house. These offers may entice a patron to choose your restaurant, so it’s worth trying out this Valentine’s Day!
3. Menu of the day – The little details matter, especially on holidays. One of the best Valentine’s Day ideas for restaurants is creating a new menu specifically for patrons who are celebrating at your establishment. Advertising to customers that there will be an exclusive menu for patrons who dine at your restaurant on Valentine’s Day may be selling point, especially if they visit your business often and are used to your usual menu.
4. Advertise on social media – An easy way to get the word out about your Valentine’s Day restaurant promotion is to post about it on social media. Utilize scheduling services like Buffer to share posts multiple times, and have a graphic designer work on Valentine’s Day themed images for your marketing efforts. Social media is a convenient way for you to reach out to your customers and ensure they know what your restaurant will be offering to make their holiday even more romantic.
5. Create an ambiance – Decorations and creating a themed ambiance are two Valentine’s Day ideas for restaurants that are always appreciated. Don’t go for tacky or over-the-top décor, but instead stick with classy, subtle touches that reflect the Valentine’s Day color scheme. These efforts won’t go unnoticed, and will hopefully help to make your location a go-to spot for Valentine’s Days to come.
Using Valentine’s Day marketing tactics can help your business capitalize on this holiday, and get a surge of sales. Get creative with your offers and advertising campaigns, and you’ll have customers lined up wanting to dine at your restaurant during Valentine’s Day!